Program - Coupe Mondiale Digital Accordion Competition, 2009
OWN CHOICE PROGRAM: Own Choice Show/Entertainment Program.
- Playing time: maximum 15 minutes. Failure to observe the maximum playing time will result in a mark penalty.
- There will be one (1) round, except when there is more than 8 candidates. Then a preliminary round will be held to select up to 8 finalists for a Gala Evening Concert. Candidates shall play the same own choice program for the preliminary round and the final round if two rounds are required.
- External sound modules, MIDI modules, backing tracks including SMF, audio files, CD or MP3 player etc. may be used. The organiser will provide a mixer sound system with a mixer plug-in for 1 or 2 channels and a single power plug (local plug) of 230 volts. The candidate must provide all other equipment.
- Rehearsal time of up to 15 minutes per candidate will be scheduled prior to the competition.
- Performance sound set up time - maximum 2 minutes. Performance sound break down - maximum 2 minutes.
- All types and make of digital accordion may be used and bellows must be the primary volume control of the digital sounds. Digital accordions with acoustic sounds are permitted with the reeds amplified provided the candidate uses the accordion and bellows to make substantial use of digital sounds.
- The adjudicators marks will be based on: show/entertainment; musicality; digital technology use.
and Awards - Coupe Mondiale Digital Accordion Competition, 2009
candidates will receive a Diploma of Participation.
member associations are requested to offer concerts or a tour for
the 1st Prize Winners.
winners must be present in person at the Awards Ceremony in appropriate
attire suitable for press coverage and publicity appearances. In case
of absence, the prize may be accepted by a delegate of their country
or the Diplomas will be mailed by the Secretariat.