OWN CHOICE PROGRAM ONLY:
Own Choice Show/Entertainment Program.
time: maximum 15 minutes. Failure to observe the maximum playing time
will result in a mark penalty.
- External sound
modules, may be used for effects only, not for the whole program.
time of up to 15 minutes per candidate will be scheduled prior to
sound set up time - maximum 2 minutes. Performance sound break down
- maximum 2 minutes.
types and make of digital accordion may be used and bellows must be
the primary volume control of the digital sounds. Digital accordions
with acoustic sounds are permitted with the reeds amplified provided
the candidate uses the accordion and bellows to make substantial use
of digital sounds.
assist the candidates in preparing their programs, please note that
the adjudicators marks will take into account:
- Originality and creativity of program
- Technique/playing ability
- Digital Usage eg: multiple voices, multiple sounds, programing of
sound sets, correct sound useage.
Look for effective use of many of
the digital instrument capabilities plus creativity factors.
- Creativity eg: additional equipment such as - computer, effects
box, looping - multi tracking and
backing tracks, exploiting instrument
possibilities, customising settings. Effective use of technologies.
- Structure eg: planned programing, adaption for digital instrument.
- Stagecraft, charisma, performance presentation.
- Candidates playing on a digital instrument, in the same way they
would perform on an acoustic
accordion, without good digital usage,
are not making effective use of digital technology and
refelct in the marks with higher marks to candidates with good digital